Your Community Needs Assessment
Wellness activities should relate to each family’s culture. Answer the following questions.
1. What is the cultural makeup of the community?
2. What languages are spoken?
3. What are community concerns for health and wellness?
1. What are the families like?
2. What are some different cultural and ethnic traits that are important to consider so that all families are represented in the wellness curriculum?
3. What do families have to offer the wellness curriculum?
4. How can families benefit from school wellness activities?
The School and Classroom
1. What is the cultural and ethnic makeup of the school?
2. Is diversity reflected in the school and classroom?
3. How is multiculturalism addressed?
4. How can families be included in the wellness curriculum, and how will the school