Posted: November 22nd, 2022
Submit a two- to three-page paper that analyzes the difference between the “culture of poverty” vs “restricted opportunity” in understanding poverty. Use peer-reviewed sources as well as examples from the Gorski & Pothini case study (3.2), “The Trouble with Grit,” to illustrate how perceptions of the poor can affect policy, and ultimately, solutions for ending poverty. Discuss how your social work values would apply in influencing your perceptions of the poor. See the Directions and Grading Criteria and the Grading rubric points distribution.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
- The Application Assignment is worth 150 points and will be graded on use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
- Create your exercise using Microsoft Word (a part of Microsoft Office), which is the required format for all Chamberlain University documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx”
- Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your assignment may be posted under the Q & A Forum.
- The length of the exercise is to be no less than two pages and no greater than three pages excluding title page and reference pages.
- APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headings (upper and lower case, centered, boldface):
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).