Posted: January 26th, 2023
Week 5 Reflection Pulse check
The “Pulse” Check. Where are you in your journey and how are you doing?
DQ2 of Week 5 is an opportunity for you to self-assess and reflect on your journey. You can write about it expressing your navigation through the Role course. Model from the scripts in this week but be specific to your experience.
Evaluate how you have achieved course competencies and your plans to develop further in these areas. The course competencies for this course are as follows:
1. Explore the historical evolution of the advance practice nurse.
2. Differentiate the roles and scope of practice for nurses working in advanced clinical, education, administration, informatics, research, and health policy arenas.
3. Analyze attributes of the practice arena such as access and availability, degree of consumer choice, competition, and financing that impact advanced practice nurses and their ability to effectively collaborate with other health professionals.
4. Integrate evidence from research and theory into discussions of practice competencies, health promotion and disease prevention strategies, quality improvement, and safety standards.
5. Identify collaborative, organizational, communication, and leadership skills in working with other professionals in healthcare facilities and/or academic institutions.
6. Synthesize knowledge from values theory, ethics, and legal/regulatory statutes in the development of a personal philosophy for a career as an advanced practice nurse.
Guidelines: Support your responses with scholarly academic references using APA style format. Assigned course readings and online library resources are preferred. Weekly lecture notes are designed as overviews to the topic for the respective week and should not serve as a citation or reference.
In your discussion question response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response; is factually correct with relevant scholarly citations, references, and examples that demonstrate a clear connection to the readings.
Article and Videos
Read the following peer reviewed article. Incorporate key points in your DQ 1 and any other assignment.
A Day in the Life: Nurse Johnson & Johnson Nursing Campaign Mystery Box Unboxing ( )
Strech, S., & Wyatt, D. A. (2013). Partnering to lead change: Nurses’ role in the redesign of health care. Association of Operating Room Nurses.AORN Journal, 98(3), 260-6. doi:
A Day in the Life: Nurse Educator A Day in the Life – Susan, Nurse Educator, MSN, RN, Ph.D. Candidate ( )
A Day in the Life: Family Nurse Practitioner A Day in the Life – Steve (Family Nurse Practitioner) ( )
A Day in the Life: Palliative Care NP A Day in the Life – Lauren (Nurse Practitioner- Palliative Care) ( )
What is Nurse Informatics? Nursing Informatics in Two Minutes ( )
Nurse administrator talks about leadership in a hospital system Meet Clarian Health Chief Nurse Executive ( )
The Role of the Midwife The role of a midwife – 24/7 case loading midwife and what they do. ( )
CRNA Career Profile – Nurse Anesthetist ( )
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.