For this assignment, you will take the data you calculated in Units II through VI and prepare a final report. Your report will be addressed to Mr. John Smith, the plant manager for Acme Automotive Parts (AAP). Your report must include the following sections:
- Introduction – This section should summarize the operations at the plant and why the industrial hygiene sampling is being performed.
- Hazard Assessment – This section should identify the health hazards that you identified for each area at the facility.
- Sampling Plan – This section will summarize the sampling that you performed. Include the types of samples you collected and the NIOSH or OSHA sampling/analytical methods you used.
- Sample Results – This section will include the results from the sampling that you calculated. You can present the results in a tabular form or an equivalent method as long as the results are clearly displayed. Your results should include samples’ locations, names of employees who were sampled (make the names up), sample times (start, finish, and total times), volumes, and results in the proper units.
- Evaluation of Sample Results – In this section, you should compare the sample results to existing occupational exposure limits (OELs). You can use OSHA permissible exposure limits (PELs) or other guidelines—just make sure to explain why you chose the OELs you used. You should also state whether the resulting risks are acceptable or unacceptable and the requirements for control methods.
- Recommendations – Here you will summarize the control methods you recommend that the plant implement. Include all engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) you believe are necessary. Do not forget to include recommendations for PPE during the time it will take to implement the other controls. For respiratory protection, you must specify the level of protection (type respirator) and the types of any cartridges that would be required. Do not forget to list any written programs that you believe the plant will need.
- Future Needs – Complete your report by including any recommendations for additional IH sampling you believe are necessary to evaluate the effectiveness of the controls that you recommended.
Your final report must be a minimum of three pages in length, not including title and reference pages. You must use at least two references. The textbook may be used as one reference. All citations and in-text citations must be formatted according to APA standards.