An Overview Of Organizational Culture, Human Resource Planning, And Effective Communication In The Workplace
Role of Organizational Culture in Employee Performance
It is evaluated that culture of the company gives impact on the overall performance of the employees. The employees who are conducting the activities in the organization keep themselves involved so that goals and objectives can be accomplished in an effective manner. If the culture of the organization is proper then it can be easy to motivate the employees. Motivation helps to increase the working pattern of the employees. Good culture of the organization helps to build healthy relation between the employees and the management.
The strategic objectives are related to long term organizational objectives and goals that help to convert a statement of mission into the business plans and projects. It takes into consideration two to four year plans so that the weakness and strength of the company can be evaluated in a proper manner. It is essential to analyze the weakness and strength of the company so that the operations can be conducted according to the outcome only.
Operational objectives are also related to the weekly and daily benchmarks that emphasis on the strategic objectives so that it can be attained properly. It considers the management and the staff so that strategic objectives can be attained.
It will give focus on the balance and also on the experience of the workers who are conducting the activities in the organization. There are many other elements that are considered like structure of the organization, permanent and casual employees and also the employees who are appointed to operate the functions on full time and part time basis.
Human resource gives focus on the resources that are required in the future so that the activities can be conducted smoothly. The future and present requirements of the resources can be analyzed. It assists the company to attain overall profitability and objectives in a proper way. It is a connection between the strategic plan and also human resource management. If proper strategies are considered then human resource management can also be maintained to conduct the activities of the organization (Bliesner, Liedtke and Rohn, 2014).
- It keeps the record of the resources that should be used effectively so that profitability can also be attained and the wastage can be reduced.
- The manpower requirement can also be accessed accurately. If the organization has proper manpower then activities are also conducted properly and with efficiency.
- It evaluates the requirement of the skills that are necessary so that the overall objectives can be attained.
- Human resource planning forecast the requirement of the manpower that can help to achieve success in the market.
- It also evaluated that the need of the human resources is compared with various levels of the skills necessary to operate the activities of the company.
Answer 6. Policies and procedures consider all the decisions and actions that are according to the boundaries established by the company. Policies are related with the routine activities of the companies. Policies and procedures are the type of method that should be taken into consideration so that activities can be conducted smoothly.
The importance of the procedures and policies in the company is that the policies take into consideration the essential issues within the organization and procedures that consist of the directions that are connected with the behavior.
- Fast learning: It is evaluated that if the environment of the work station is not good then it is difficult for the employee to gain knowledge or to learn new things. The fast learning environment can only be created if there is proper management of the activities. It increases the confidence and knowledge of the workers.
- Workload distribution: It is important to distribute the work according to the skills and qualifications of the employees. If there is proper management then the workload can be distributed in a proper manner. The workers will feel comfortable and happy to conduct the activities of the organization, if the work is divided properly (Devonish, 2013).
- Building bonds: If the atmosphere of the work station is maintained then it can be easy to enhance proper understanding and cooperation between the employees and management of the organization. If there is proper connection between the management and employees then it can be easy to operate the activities of the organization.
- Healthy competition: It also generates the feeling of competition between the employees but it is in the positive manner that helps the company to gain competitive advantage in proper way.
- Exploring creativity: The workers can easily search the creativity if the atmosphere of the organization is effective. The workers can conduct the task with confidence and also with dedication (O’Neil, 2014).
- Job satisfaction: By creating effective workplace the satisfaction level related to the job can be increased and it motivates the workers to attain goals and objectives of the company.
- Increased speed of work: The working pattern of the workers is increased if the working environment is proper in the company. The speed can be increased by proper motivation given by top management. The workers feel motivated and happy to conduct the activities and they give best towards the activities of the organization.
- Team member responsibility: Creating proper workplace environment can help the member to be responsible towards their activities and also if the responsibilities are considered by every worker then it can give positive outcome. The responsibility of the team member is to maintain proper coordination.
Answer 8. To conduct the activities in a team proper technique should be taken into consideration by the company so that the goals and objectives can be accomplished. It also helps to increase overall level of confidence of the workers working in the organization.
- Proper communication: Proper communication is a part of the effective team. If proper communication is not there then it can give negative impact on the overall activities.
- Decision making should be effective: Effective team should have proper decision making, so that the activities can be conducted smoothly without any interference of any other groups.
- Proper focus on resolving the conflicts: It is one of the important features that help to conduct the activities according to the goals of the company. The conflicts are resolved if there is proper management and understanding between the team members.
- Goals and objectives should be clear: Effective team is conducted when the goals and objectives are clear and they can work without any confusion. It also helps to maintain proper coordination between the team members (Goetsch and Davis, 2014).
Answer 9. If the employees are not working in a team then it can lead to:
- Poor communication
- Difficult to take accurate decisions
- Unable to accomplish goals and objectives
Answer 10. Effective communication is related to a process in which the workers communicate with each other the concern of the activities related to the organization. If proper communication is seen in the organization then it can be easy to attain profitability and growth (Hastie, Fahy and Yoxall, 2015).
- Written communication
- Verbal communication
- Nonverbal communication
Answer 11. LACE Stands for listen, acknowledge, check and explore. It is essential to listen properly and also to acknowledge so that the activities can be conducted effectively. It is also essential to check and explore the concern related to any topic in a proper way.
Answer 12. There are many barriers to good communication like:
- Emotional barriers: The barrier related to the emotion of the individual can give direct impact on the good communication taking place between two people.
- Hearing problem: If any individual have hearing problem then it can be barrier to good communication. Listening is important to communicate with the other person. If the individual is not able to listen then it can be difficult to conduct the effective communication.
- Lack of interest: It is seen that if an individual is not interested in conducting the activity then it can also create a barrier of good communication. So, the interest to conduct the activity should be there so that the work can be done effectively (McQuail and Windahl, 2015).
Answer 13. Legislations are:
- Gender equity legislation
- Workplace relations legislation
- Anti-discrimination legislation
- Disability discrimination act, 1992.
Answer 14. The main purpose of the workplace policies and procedures in an organization is to give proper understanding to the employees who are conducting the activities of the organization. It also helps to manage the conflicts arising in the organization between the employees and the management. Policies and procedures also take into consideration code of conduct that should be followed by the employees, so that activities can be conducted effectively.
Bliesner, A., Liedtke, C. and Rohn, H., 2014. Resource efficiency and culture—Workplace training for small and medium-sized enterprises. Science of the Total Environment, 481, pp.645-648.
Devonish, D., 2013. Workplace bullying, employee performance and behaviors: The mediating role of psychological well-being. Employee Relations, 35(6), pp.630-647.
Goetsch, D.L. and Davis, S.B., 2014. Quality management for organizational excellence. Upper Saddle River, NJ: pearson.
Hastie, C.R., Fahy, K.M. and Yoxall, J.S., 2015. Time effective and valid assessment of students’ teamwork skills: lessons from the TeamUp project.
McQuail, D. and Windahl, S., 2015. Communication models for the study of mass communications. Routledge.
O’Neil, H.F. ed., 2014. Workforce readiness: Competencies and assessment. Psychology Press