Assignment: Reflection Essay: Positive Social Change—An Evolving Perspective
As demonstrated in the first week of this course, there is no one single definition for terms such as social responsibility and social change. These are complex concepts determined by multiple factors. You may now recognize some of the key contributing factors that lead to social responsibility in action. Has your initial understanding of social responsibility and social change evolved through your work in this course? Have the shared comments of colleagues as well as the Learning Resources provided further insight into the value of working collectively to achieve social change?
In this Reflection Essay, you reflect on how this course has influenced your overall understanding and approach to positive social change.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review Walden University’s General Education Learning Outcome “Change” in the Course Project Overview and Guidelines document in this week’s resources. Consider how the General Education DEEP-C Model contributed to your ability to discover and evaluate ideas from different perspectives, and is instrumental in your progress toward achieving personal goals and effecting positive social change.
- Revisit definitions of social responsibility shared in the Week 1 Discussion in light of all the information you have considered throughout this course.
- Read Chapters 11 and 12 in the Loeb course text.
Write a 3- paragraph essay in which you briefly analyze the importance and feasibility of working toward social change. Address the following:
- Describe how your perspective has evolved or changed through this course and how you believe it will continue to evolve after the course.
- Explain how this experience has influenced your ability to create positive social change beyond the term of this course.
- If you choose to engage in the social issue you researched in this course, address how you will prevent burnout and engage others in your cause.
Provide at least three references using proper APA format.