Your supervisor has asked you to write a brief email on the vacation policy changes to be distributed to staff. You will need to listen to a voice mail from your supervisor with instructions on how to create the email to announce the new vacation policy. The voice mail will include specific details that must be followed in creating the email.
Listen to your supervisor’s voice mail here. The voicemail states that…
*employees with 3 or less years of service will have 1 full week of paid vacation.
*employees with 3-5 years of service will have 2 full weeks of paid vacation
*employees with 5 or more years will get 3 full weeks of paid vacations.
*employees also must submit a vacation request 1 month prior to the vacation date & it must go to the direct supervisor.
*no more than 2 employees from the same department can be on vacation at the same time.
Create a one to two (1-2) paragraph email with five to seven (5-7) sentences that follows your supervisor’s instructions.
- Target the appropriate professional audience.
- Use appropriate language for professional audience.
- Use correct email formatting.
- Follow appropriate netiquette rules for electronic communication.
- Meet the 250-to-500-word minimum requirement.
- Use correct sentence mechanics, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style.
- Provide the following heading on page one of your email and then begin your email:
- TO: Insert Professor’s Name
- FROM: Insert Your Name
- DATE: Insert Assignment’s Due Date
- RE: Create a title that relates to your topic and gets your audience’s attention