How Should We Change?
This week you explored various aspects of how the world is changing and, consequently, the new kinds of learning and thinking that are needed of students, workers, and society in general. Moreover, the pace of change is increasing exponentially. How does this make you feel as an education professional? How will education and educators need to change in response? What will be the consequences if educators do not pay attention to this call to action?
Post a summary of your thoughts on changes needed in education and educators in the 21st century and the potential consequences of not responding to the need for change.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings. As you read their responses, note those to which you would like to respond with advice, questions, comments, and/or encouragement.
Respond to two or more of your colleagues’ postings in any of the following ways:
- Build on something your colleague said.
- Explain why and how you see things differently.
- Ask a probing or clarifying question.
- Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Validate an idea with your own experience.
- Expand on your colleague’s posting.
- Ask for evidence that supports the posting.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Reflect on what you learned in this activity and/or insights you gained t