Posted: November 25th, 2022
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
Begin by reading the case study “The Case of the Powdered Aspirin” in Chapter 5. This case helps school leadership candidates understand the conflict between the need for a drug-free school culture and the equally compelling ethical requirement that all students be treated fairly. The case study also sets the stage for discussions about procedural and substantive due process and the idea of a well-ordered school.
Respond to the following questions providing a rationale for each response using this week’s assigned reading.
- Can Lasiandra’s parents request a hearing before the local board of education? Why or why not?
- Does Lasiandra have a property of liberty interest that qualifies her for due process protection?
- Have the procedural guidelines for student suspension been met?
- What characteristics of a well-ordered school are missing in this scenario? (Hint: See the three defining characteristics as well as the “Do and Do Not” section in the “Idea of a Well-Ordered School” section of the text.)
The Drug Free School
- Must be at least 2 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one outside source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined.