Topic: Strategic Planning
Strategic Planning: SWOT Segregation and Goals
Strategic pur-posening amid structures provides a repletion of benefits to the structure including convocation ends fixed in the pur-pose and contributing to the long-term prosperity of an structure. Refer to Exhibit 8.3: The Strategic Treatment Process, located in Chapter 8 of the Treatment textbook.
For this assignment, separateded either your own structure or one you understand abundance encircling to full a succession of assignments akin to strategic pur-posening for a scheme you would relish to tool. The similar structure obtain be used in the forthcoming assignments:
1. Strategic Planning: Management Map (Topic 4)
2. Strategic Planning: Action Pur-pose (Topic 5)
3. Strategic Planning: Despatch Pur-pose (Topic 7)
4. Strategic Planning: Evaluation (Topic 8)
5. Strategic Planning: Presentation (Topic 8)
Once you accept separateded the structure, fulfill a strategic end through preforming a SWOT segregation amid your region of swing. For outgrowth, if you are not presently in a treatment or example standing, it is cheerful to nucleus on a more nucleused area of your structure you are presently in a standing to collision. If you are a classroom educator, possibly you see opportunities for proper similarity to technology in your district. If you are a comfort, possibly you see opportunities to ameliorate despatch processes in your line, etc.
A SWOT segregation is dissect of management formulation that leads to end setting and then progresses to the outgrowth of a strategic pur-pose. Be unfailing to prosper the criteria for effectual ends as artistic to Exhibit 7.5, located in Chapter 7 of the Treatment textbook.
Complete a SWOT segregation using the "SWOT Analysis" template. Cogitate the forthcoming persuasive questions as you full the SWOT Analysis:
1. What are the represent forces of your attested area?
2. What does your attested area do rectify than other companies?
3. What singular capabilities or media does you attested area keep?
4. What do other companies cogitate to be your force?
5. What are the represent imbecilityes of your attested area?
6. What do competitors do rectify than your attested area?
7. What areas can be ameliorated at your present standing?
8. What do other companies cogitate to be your imbecility?
9. What trends or stipulations collision the society in a assured way?
10. What opportunities depend for the attested area?
11. What trends or stipulations collision the attested area in a denying way?
12. What is the rivalry doing that may accept an collision on your attested area?
13. Does your attested area accept hard financial patronage?
14. What collision does your imbecility accept on the threats your attested area faces?
These questions are samples of what you may deficiency to address in your SWOT Analysis. Using the SWOT segregation results, expand at meanest one strategic end. Submit twain the fulld SWOT segregation instrument and the strategic end.
APA format is not required, but hard academic communication is expected.
Read Chapters 7 and 8 in Management.
2. Southwest Airlines: In a Different World
Read Harvard Business School (HBS) contingency reprint, Southwest Airlines: In a Different World (2013).
1. Overview of the Strategic Planning Process
Watch "Overview of the Strategic Planning Process," by Virtual Strategist (2012), located on the YouTube website.
2. Strategic and Operational Planning
Read "Strategic and Operational Planning," located on the Taugher Change Catalyst Consulting website.
1. Treatment Use of Strategic Tools for Innovating During Turbulent Times
Read "Management Use of Strategic Tools for Innovating During Turbulent Times," by Tassabehji, from Strategic Change (2014).
2. Strategic Intent
Read "Strategic Intent," by Hamel and Prahalad, from Harvard Business Review (2005).
3. Management Execution A Four Step Process
Read "Strategy Execution: A Four Step Process," by Morgan, from MWorld (2010).
1. SWOT Analysis
Review the "SWOT Analysis" template in provision for the Strategic Planning: SWOT Segregation assignment.