Healthy People 2020: Understanding and Improving Health (1)
Healthy People 2020: Understanding and Improving Health
Please answer the following 2 questions:
- Discuss whether or not you believe that the mission and goals for Healthy People 2020 are reasonable given the major health concerns facing our communities. Of the 2020 topics, discuss Hearing and Other Sensory or Communication Disorders and its impact on public health. (Must use all following resources)
– Brush, C. A., Kelly, M. M., Greene, D., Gaffney, M., Kattwinkel, J., & French, M. (2005). Meeting the challenge: Using policy to improve children’s health. American Journal of Public Health, 95(11), 1904. Retrieved from ProQuest.
– Hearing and Other Sensory or Communication Disorders. (n.d.). Retrieved from
– Klein, K. E., Spratford, M., Redfern, A., & Walker, E. A. (2019). Effects of grade and school services on children’s responsibility for hearing aid care. American Journal of Audiology (Online), 28(3), 673-685. doi:
2. Compare and contrast the “focus areas” for Healthy People 2010 vs. Healthy People 2020. Must use all resources provided.
– What are their similarities?
– Are there any differences?
– “In your opinion” and given the current health trends, why is “Access to Health Services” the single most important health topic for Healthy People 2020?
Hardy, L. J., Bohan, K. D., & Trotter, R. T. (2013). Synthesizing evidence-based strategies and community-engaged research: a model to address social determinants of health. Public Health Reports, 128(6_suppl3), 68-76.
Healthy People – Healthy People Homepage. (2020, September 25). Retrieved from
Masic, I. (2018). Public health aspects of global population health and well-being in the 21st century regarding determinants of health. International Journal of Preventive Medicine, 9(1), 4.
Length: 2-3 pages, APA format, requires good thoughts and ideas.