Analysis of Supervisor/Management Job Descriptions The purpose of this exercise is to have you view some actual job descriptions for supervisory/management positions as listed by real organizations. Instructions:
1. Think about a supervisory/management position that interests you. The position must be a first-line supervisor/manager position of your choice. In addition, you may include the type of industry in your search, such as banking supervisor, nursing supervisor, recreation manager, hotel maintenance supervisor, etc.
2. Visit Monster.com (Links to an external site.) at to an external site.).
3. Type the name of the supervisory/management position in the “Search Jobs” box. You may leave blank the “U.S. Locations” box, which will result in a nationwide search. Clicking “Search” will likely result in numerous listings, depending on how general or specific your “Search Job” supervisory/management listing was
4. Scroll the listings, viewing job titles and the names of the organizations for which there are position vacancies. Find a position/organization that looks of interest, and click the job title. You will then find the company’s job description for the position.
5. Select and write job descriptions for three different organizations, noting the differences in responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
6. Write a report, one-half to one page in length commenting on the differences noted. Include printouts of the three job listings.