NOTE: This assignment will be turned in through TURNITIN.
Attached are notes to help complete this.
The purpose of this essay is to develop in the student an ability to
- Absorb the importance of ethics in project management
- View and comprehend the material learned from a high level
- Synthesize wider reading with the knowledge acquired in the classroom
- Apply the learning in the proper context
- Demonstrate understanding in an integrated manner
- Develop academic and professional writing skills
Ethics in Project Management
The hallmark of a well-functioning society is the ethical behavior of its members. Ethics is the cornerstone of growth. Lack of ethics leads to increased oversight and decreased trust which diverts productive resources towards implementing additional controls. Therefore, the Project Management Institute (PMI)
Write an essay explaining the consideration of the PMI ethical standards during the project initiation or planning processes. Include an example of an ethical dilemma in the project initiation or planning processes. To obtain this example, you may search the internet for ethical dilemmas in project management or you can choose one from your experience or create one with your imagination. Then, apply the EDMF to arrive at an ethically appropriate decision for this dilemma.
Length and Formatting Requirements
Adopt the following presentation style unless a template is provided for your work:
- Compose your work using Microsoft Word.
- The essay must be at least 600 words (about 2 pages) long.
- Use 12-point Times New Roman font and double-spacing.
- Justify the right margins.
- Organize your writing in sections with section headings.
- Format section headings using Microsoft Word’s “Heading” functions.
- Support the write-up with at least five additional sources as references.
- Insert cover page and reference pages(s).
- Cite and list references in correct APA style.
- Check your work to correct any spelling or grammatical errors.