- Go to the Govtrack.us website page for bills that have been made into law (链接到外部网站。)链接到外部网站。 for the current Congress. (Note: This is not a government website, you can also go toCongress.gov (链接到外部网站。)链接到外部网站。). Click on a title of a law that interests you.
- Create a summary of the goal of this law in your own words.
- Use the following following questions to summarize how your legislation got passed:
- Who introduced the legislation? What party do they belong to?
- When did it go to Committee? What Committees did it go to? How many Democrats or Republicans are on each Committee? (Check out the Committees link).
- When did it pass the House? If the information is available, how many Democrats and Republicans voted for or against this legislation? How many didn’t vote (abstained)? (Check out the House Votes on Passage link on the bill overview page.)
- When did it pass the Senate? If the information is available, how many Democrats and Republicans voted for or against this legislation? How many didn’t vote (abstained)?
- When did the President sign it?
- Create a chart or summary of your information. You can use this Legislative Summary Example.docx”>Legislative Summary Example to help you, although you are welcome to format this information however you would like.
This COMPLETED assignment will be an essay of 500-1000 words
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Pols | Political Science homework help